20110129

Do you remember "The Little Prince"? When I saw this scarf I remembered one of my favorite excerpts from the book.

"One only understands the things that one tames," said the fox. "Men have no more time to understand anything. They buy things all ready made at the shops. But there is no shop anywhere where one can buy friendship, and so men have no friends any more. If you want a friend, tame me . . ."
"What must I do, to tame you?" asked the little prince.
"You must be very patient," replied the fox. "First you will sit down at a little distance from me--like that--in the grass. I shall look at you out of the corner of my eye, and you will say nothing. Words are the source of misunderstandings. But you will sit a little closer to me, every day . . ."
[...]
"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."


"Les hommes ont oublié cette vérité", dit le renard. "Mais tu ne dois pas l’oublier. Tu deviens responsable pour toujours de ce que tu as apprivoisé."
{Antoine de Saint Exupéry}


[skin {.::Mother Goose's::. | Trudy -_LB} (lucky board)
[hair {fri.day | Leigh - Melancholy White}
[makeup {PIDIDDLE | Chapped Lips & Cheeks - Nose /Full Face/ Teeth} (The Seasons Hunt prize)

[mouth mask {duboo. | achoo set - [mask]} (The Seasons Hunt prize)
[hat {[glow] Studio | Fedora Hat - Buena Vista} (old TDR special item)
[scarf {&Bean | A Big Deal - Stole} (The Seasons Hunt prize)
[shrug {{SMS} | Fur Shrug } (The Seasons Hunt prize)
[sweater + shirt {-tres blah- | Melancholy Top} (The Seasons Hunt prize)
[gloves {**en Svale** | Gloves - Beige}
[shorts {(Milk Motion) | my high waist jean shorts - grey}
[bandaids {Reek | Bandaids - Plain}
[socks {MIEL | JANE SOCKS FLOR LIGHT - dawn} (old gift)
[socks {+mocha+ | Knit Socks with Flat} (The Seasons Hunt prize)
[shoes {***REDGRAVE | British Lofers -Brown}

[
poses {[glow] Studio}

No comments:

Post a Comment